NO2ID

NO2ID

NO2ID's ID Card & Database State Online Discussion Forum
This is a static snapshot / read-only version of the forum.
 

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ZDnet: Government to move slowly on e-Borders database
PostPosted: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:14:47 +0000 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:23:13 +0000
Posts: 10514
Location: Cambridge
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000 ... 875,00.htm

Government to move slowly on e-Borders database

Published: 10 Feb 2010 11:30 GMT

The Home Office said it expects to hold extensive data on 40 percent of international journeys by the end of 2013.

Minister Phil Woolas said that the expansion of passenger name record (PNR) data collection will be "on a phased, intelligence-based approach over five years", and that a maximum of 100 million passenger movements will have been collected by the end of December 2013.

This represents about 40 percent of all journeys. As the Home Office continues to say it plans to gather data on all passenger movements by 2014 under the e-Borders programme, that will leave one year for it to cover the remaining 60 percent.

...


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum