January 28 marks the anniversary of the Council of Europe Convention on Data Protection (No. 108), the most important international law for privacy. More than 40 countries have ratified the Convention. Many more countries around the world should support the Convention (including the United States).
Support International Privacy Day on January 28. Request that your government sign on Council of Europe Convention 108, and the enforcements of our privacy rights and protect the privacy of all Internet users!
1. Invite people to join the FB Group: "Add the note of the paragraph above " and ask them to support the campaign
2. Blog about "January 28: International Privacy Day. Real Problems, Real Solutions" and celebrate the anniversary of the Council of Europe Convention on Data Protection.
3.Discuss a Real Privacy Problem (e.g. data retention) and a Real Privacy Solution (e.g. privacy enhancing techniques)
4. Invite more bloggers to write about January 28 and Real Privacy Problems and Real Privacy Solutions
5. Post the Facebook Event as an article in your Facebook profile.
6. Promote the ¨Privacy - January 28¨banner.
7. Post a Privacy Video.
8. Organize a campaign.
9. Watch a privacy movie with friends. Here are a few of our favorites -"Gattaca," "Enemy of the State," "The Lives of Others," "Eagle Eye¨
Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Article 12http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html#a12
Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data. Signed on January 28, 1981http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/en/Treaties/Html/108.htm