Expect one in your child's school bag soon.
What is ContactPoint?
• ContactPoint is a contacts list.
• It is for people who work with children
and young people, such as headteachers,
doctors and social workers.
• It will help make services better for
children and young people.
What is it for?
• ContactPoint will help people who
work with children find out quickly
who else is working with the same
child or young person.
• It will help them to work as a team
to support a child or young person.
What is on ContactPoint?
• ContactPoint lists the name and contact
- all children in England up to age 18
- their parents/carers
- professionals and services working
with a child.
Why do we need ContactPoint?
• It can take a long time for a person
working with a child to find out who else
is helping that child. This means that a
child could wait a long time to get the
help they need.
• If that person can quickly find out who
else is helping the same child, children
will be more likely to get the right help
at the right time.
What else should I know?
• You can ask to see the information held
• ContactPoint uses the latest technology
to keep it safe and up-to-date.
• ContactPoint can only be used by people
who need it to do their job. They have
to be trained and pass security checks
before they can use it.
• There are rules about sharing information
that everyone who works with children
and families must follow.
• ContactPoint is part of the Government’s
Every Child Matters plan.
• It is being introduced across England